Sept. 27, 2008
Final Stats |
With The Wake Forest loss
- The Deacons drop to 3-1 overall on the season.
- Wake Forest has its six-game winning streak snapped.
- The loss ends Wake's six-game home field winning streak.
- The Deacs are 6-3 all-time against Navy, including a 2-2 mark at BB&T Field.
- Navy snaps its four-game losing streak to Wake, which dated back to the 1996 season.
- Wake Forest falls to 17-14 all-time as a ranked team.
- Riley Skinner drops to 21-7 as a starting quarterback.
- Head Coach Jim Grobe falls to 49-40 at Wake Forest and 82-73-1 overall as a head coach (14th season).
- The Deacs are 25-20 at home under Grobe.
- Wake Forest drops to 10-3 against non-conference opponents since the start of the 2006 season.
- Under Grobe, Wake is 24-8 against non-conference opponents, including a 12-5 mark at home.
- The Deacons are 8-9 all-time against schools named as a color (6-3 vs. Navy, 2-6 vs. Auburn).
Boldin Surpasses 100-Yard Mark Receiving
- Senior WR D.J. Boldin led the way for Wake Forest with eight catches for 116 yards.
- Boldin has gone over 100 yards receiving in two games this season (123 yards vs. Ole Miss).
Defenders Set Career-Highs
- LB Chantz McClinic had a career-high 10 tackles.
- NG Boo Robinson tied his career-high six tackles. Robinson recorded a career-high two sacks in the game for a combined loss of 12 yards.
- LB Aaron Curry had a season-high 10 tackles, three shy of his career-best.
- The Deacs forced a season-low two turnovers (two fumbles). It was Wake's first game without an interception.
Sam Swank Kicks Field Goal For 13th Straight Game
- With his 23-yard FG in the third quarter, Sam Swank has now kicked at least one field goal in 13 straight game dating back to last season.
- He has made 70 career field goal, which puts him 10 shy of the ACC career record held by Maryland's Nick Novak (2001-04).
- Swank has made 116 straight PATs.
- With five points today, Swank has scored 326 points in his career and 40 on the season.
Navy's Kettani Rushes for 100+ Yards
- Navy FB Eric ran for 175 yards on 19 carries.
- He became the first opponent to rush for more than 100 yards against Wake Forest since Maryland's Keon Lattimore on September 22, 2007.
- Navy rushed for 292 yards as a team to became the first opponent to rush for 200+ yards against the Deacs since the Midshipmen accomplished the feat last season in Annapolis.
Wake Commits Seven Turnovers
- Wake Forest's six turnovers are the most by the Deacons since committing six turnovers against Miami in the final game of the 2005 season.
- When Navy scored first, it marked the first time this year that Wake's opponent had scored first.
- When Wake Forest fell behind 14-0, it marked its largest deficit since losing at Clemson 44-10 on Nov. 10, 2007
- LT Joe Birdsong was ejected in the second quarter for delivering a blow to the head of an opponent. Redshirt freshman Michael Hoag replaced him and saw his most extensive action of the season.
- Riley Skinner set a career high with four interceptions, three in the first half. He came into the game having not thrown an interception in 131 consecutive pass attempts.
- All of Navy's 24 points came off Wake Forest turnovers.