Nov. 24, 2012
Final Stats |
Photo Gallery |
AP Photo Gallery
Bohanon Scores Again
- Senior fullback Tommy Bohanon put Wake Forest on the board and tied the game at 7-7 in the first quarter on a one-yard run. The carry was his first of the season.
- Bohanon now has six touchdowns this season, including his five TD receptions.
Sustained Drives Lead to Points
- Both Wake Forest's scoring drives were at least 11 plays or more.
- The Deacs put together a 16-play, 71-yard drive in the first quarter that took 7:10 off the clock to tie the game at 7-7. The drive was capped off by a one-yard run from Tommy Bohanon.
- Wake Forest then burned 4:59 off the clock when it went 75 yards on 11 plays to score in the third quarter. Deandre Martin matched Bohanon with a one-yard touchdown run of his own to end the scoring drive.
Deacs on `D'
- Wake Forest forced three turnovers against Vanderbilt.
- Joey Ehrmann sacked Jordan Rodgers and forced a fumble, while Hasan Hazime recovered the ball. The forced fumble was the sixth of Ehrmann's career.
- Chibuikem Okoro intercepted a Rodgers pass in the first half, giving him two interceptions on the year.
- Okoro then scored his first-career touchdown on a fumble recovery after Tylor Harris forced the fumble.
Kinal Breaks ACC Record
- Alexander Kinal had five punts on the evening, giving him 95 for the season. He now owns the ACC individual record for most punts in a season.
Campanaro Extends Streak
- Michael Campanro has now caught at least one pass in 21 consecutive games after hauling in eight passes for 98 yards.
- His eight catches give him 79 on the season and an average of 7.9 catches per game. That number is second most in ACC history, only behind Torry Holt who had an 8.00 catches per game average in 1998 at NC State.
With the loss
- Wake Forest finishes the year 2-2 vs. non-conference opponents.
- Wake Forest ends the season with a three-game losing streak for the first time since 2004.
- Wake Forest falls to 17-27 in November games under Jim Grobe.
- Jim Grobe's record falls to 73-74 at Wake Forest and 106-107-1 lifetime.
- The visiting team has won each of the last three games in this series.
- Riley Haynes and Garrick Williams served as game captains.
- Casey Hughes' touchdown after the blocked punt was the first blocked punt for a touchdown against Wake Forest since Nov. 20, 2004 at Miami.