Wake Forest Activates Heat Plan for Liberty Game
Aug. 31, 2012
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Wake Forest University has initiated its heat plan for Saturday night's season-opening football game at BB&T Field vs. Liberty. The heat plan is activated when the heat index is projected at 90 or higher for a Demon Deacon home football game.
Under the heat plan, there are several changes that will affect fans attending the game.
1. Fans may bring one unopened bottle of water to BB&T Field. The water bottle must be sealed.
2. Wake Forest will have at least 25,000 bottles of water available at the stadium.
3. BB&T Field will have five misting tents available for fans. The misting tents will be located at Gate 2, at Section 10, near the scoreboard, behind Section 14 and behind Section 19.
4. Forsyth Emergency Medical Services will have enhanced coverage and a Cool Zone fan outside its treatment center.
5. The BB&T Field event staff and Guest Information Booths will have chemical cool packs on hand for fans who need them.
6. Wake Forest will have an additional 1,000 pounds of ice available for emergency situations.
Any fan that feels overheated should contact an event staff member or call the GameDay Hotline at (336) 758--GAME (4263) for assistance.