No. 15 Deacs Fall to Louisville, 3-2, in Double OT
Sean Okoli scored his second goal in as many games on Tuesday night against Louisville

Sept. 11, 2012

Final Stats | Final StatsGet Acrobat Reader | Season StatsGet Acrobat Reader

By Steven Wright, Wake Forest Athletic Communications (@SIDeacons)

LOUISVILLE, Ky. - Second-half goals from Sean Okoli and Anthony Arena helped No. 15 Wake Forest force overtime after a 2-0 halftime deficit to Louisville, but the Cardinals scored in the 105th minute to defeat the Demon Deacons 3-2 on Tuesday night at Cardinal Park.

The loss is the first this season for Wake Forest, dropping the Demon Deacons record to 3-1-1 overall. Louisville improves to 3-2-0 with the win.

The goal for Okoli is his second of the season and his second in as many games, as he scored Wake Forest's only goal in a 1-1 tie at Clemson on Friday night. Arena's goal was his first of the year.

Jared Watts assisted on Okoli's goal, and Ross Tomaselli assisted on Arena's goal, marking the first assist of the season for each player.

Louisville took control of the game early by taking a 2-0 lead less than 16 minutes into the game. Greg Cochrane got the Cardinals on the board at 11:13 before Andrew Farrell added the second goal at 15:29.

The 2-0 lead would remain until Okoli scored the Deacs first goal at 64:54. Watts worked hard to gain control of the ball and delivered a heel pass inside the six where Okoli was there to cut the deficit in half.

Just over 12 minutes later, Wake Forest tied the score at 2-2 on a set piece. Tomaselli served the ball into the box on a corner kick where Arena headed the ball into the net at 77:15.

Wake Forest outshot Louisville 3-0 in the first overtime and took the first shot of the second overtime before Ryan Smith scored on a cross in the box from Marlon Hairston at 104:39 to give the Cardinals the win.

The Demon Deacons will be back in action on Friday when they continue ACC play at No. 1 North Carolina at 7 p.m. in Chapel Hill at Fetzer Field.



NCAA Tennis Central