May 8, 2014
Season Stats (PDF) | NCAA Championship Bracket (PDF | Live Scoring
Wake Forest Ready for 2014 NCAA Championship
- No. 32 Wake Forest has been selected to the NCAA Championship for the second year in a row and will open against No. 34 Louisville on Friday at 10 a.m. in Columbus, Ohio.
- The winner of Friday's opening round match will play the winner of the match between No. 3 Ohio State and Bryant for a spot in the Round of 16.
- Wake Forest and Louisville have already met once this season with the Demon Deacons scoring a 5-2 victory on the road in Louisville in February.
- This will be Wake Forest and Louisville's last non-conference meeting as the Cardinals are set to join the ACC next season.
Follow the Action
- Live scoring will be available on OhioStateBuckeyes.com
- The Wake Forest men's tennis Twitter feed @WakeMTennis will supply live on-site updates
- Fans can check Tournament Central for all information on this weekend's matches
- Romain Bogaerts' 15 wins at the No. 1 position are the most for a Demon Deacon in a season since all-time wins leader Cory Parr won 24 in 2009.
- Bogaerts has been ranked as high as No. 5 in the ITA Singles Rankings this season, making him the highest-ranked Demon Deacon since Todd Paul earned the No. 1 spot in the rankings in 2007.
- Bogaerts was selected for the NCAA Singles Championship, making him the first Deacon in the field since 2010.
- Maksim Kan is tied for the team lead with 24 singles wins. He would be the first freshman to lead Wake Forest in singles wins in a season since Todd Paul in 2004.
- Adam Lee has won 89 singles matches in his career, tied for the ninth-most in program history.
- Wake Forest has one of the youngest lineups in the ACC this season. The Demon Deacons are fielding two freshmen, three sophomores and one senior in their top six.
- Luck hasn't been with the Demon Deacons this season as they have gone 1-8 in matches decided by a 4-3 scoreline. Four of those eight losses have come against teams currently ranked in the top 15 in the country.
NCAA Championship History
- The Demon Deacons are making their 14th appearance in the NCAA Championship. Wake Forest has been selected to the field in 13 of the past 14 years.
- Wake Forest has advanced to the Round of 16 twice, in 2007 and 2009. The Demon Deacons have made it out of a road regional once, beating host Kentucky in the second round of the 2009 tournament.
- Last year Wake Forest was upset 4-3 by Northwestern in the first round of the NCAA Championship in Athens, Ga.