The Demon Deacons will take on the Terrapins in a rematch of the 2010 ACC Championship match
Nov. 1, 2012
YouTube Video for Mobile Users
Wake Forest Notes | ACC Championship Bracket | Watch on ESPN3Deacs Face Semifinal Tilt with Maryland
- Third-seeded Wake Forest will take on second-seeded Maryland on Friday at 7:30 p.m. at WakeMed Soccer Park in Cary, N.C. in the semifinals of the 2012 ACC Championship.
- The Demon Deacons are ranked No. 8 in the NSCAA poll, and the Terrapins are one spot behind at No. 9.
- The winner of Friday's game will advance to the championship match, which will be held on Sunday at 1 p.m. at WakeMed Soccer Park.
How to Catch the Game
- The match will be broadcast on ESPN3. Sam Gore (play-by-play) and Cat Whitehill (analyst) will have the call.
- Live stats will be available, with a link provided on WakeForestSports.com
- The Wake Forest women's soccer Twitter account @WakeWSoccer will tweet live updates during the game.
- Marisa Park scored 52 seconds into overtime to give Wake Forest a 1-0 win over sixth-seeded Duke in the quarterfinals of the ACC Championship last Sunday at Spry Stadium.
- Katie Stengel (first team) and Aubrey Bledsoe (second team) were named to the 2012 All-ACC Team. Both are repeate honorees. Stengel is the first person in Wake Forest history to earn first-team honors three times.
- The Demon Deacons are through to the semifinals for the third straight year, making them the only ACC team to accomplish that feat. Wake Forest is looking to reach the championship game for the third year in a row.
- Wake Forest finished in a tie for second place in the ACC, equalling its 2007 and 2000 performances as its best-ever ACC finish.
- The Demon Deacons have reached the ACC Championship final in each of the past two seasons. Wake Forest won the 2010 ACC Championship, beating Maryland in a shootout in the title match, before falling to Florida State in a shootout in last year's final.
- Wake Forest is 4-1-1 as the No. 3 seed in the ACC Championship. The Demon Deacons have been seeded third on two previous occasions: in 2006 and in 1999, when they reach the final for the first time.
- Jackie Logue made the 91st appearance of her career in the regular-season finale against Virginia Tech, tying the program record. Logue's 87 career starts are also the most in program history.
- Kristen Meier's 16 career assists are tied for the sixth-most in Wake Forest history.
- Wake Forest and Maryland will be meeting in a rematch of the 2010 ACC Championship Game. The two sides tied 1-1 through regulation and overtime in that contest before the Demon Deacons won a penalty kick shootout to claim their first-ever conference title.
- Maryland won the regular-season meeting between the two teams 2-1 at Spry Stadium in Winston-Salem.
- The Terrapin win snapped an eight-match winless skid against the Demon Deacons. Wake Forest leads the overall series 12-8-2.
- The Deacons are 2-0-1 against Maryland in games in the ACC Championship.