Volleyball Central: Wake Forest vs. Boston College, Syracuse
The Deacs will play Boston College on Friday, Sept. 29 at 6:30 p.m. before concluding their three-match homestand on Sunday, Oct. 1 at 1 p.m. against Syracuse.
Sept. 28, 2017
By Wake Forest Athletic Communications (@WakeVolleyball)
|Gameday Central | Wake Forest vs. Boston College, Syracuse
| Match 1
||Wake Forest vs. Boston College - Friday, Sept. 29, 6:30 p.m.
| Match 2
||Wake Forest vs. Syracuse - Sunday, Oct. 1, 1:00 p.m.
||Winston-Salem, N.C. (LJVM Coliseum) Facility Info
||Match Notes | @WakeVolleyball
- Wake Forest continues ACC competition, as they host a pair of home matches over the weekend.
- First, the Deacs host Boston College on Friday, Sept. 29 at 6:30 p.m. Then, on Sunday, Oct. 1, the Deacs take on Syracuse at 1 p.m.
Last Time Out:
- The Deacs opened ACC play last Friday, Sept. 22 with a 3-1 loss at Duke. Wake Forest took the first set, but the Blue Devils stormed back to take the next three and win the match.
- On Sunday, Sept. 24, the Demon Deacons evened their conference record with a 3-1 home win over Clemson. The Deacs were forced to go past 25 to win each of their three sets. Wake Forest clinched the match with a 26-24 set four win.
Demon Deacon Storylines:
- Wake Forest sits at 9-5 (1-1 ACC) so far this season. The team's nine wins matches their season total from 2016.
- Senior outside hitter Kylie Long has enjoyed an outstanding senior season. Long leads the Deacs with 176 kills and is second on the team with 102 digs.
- The Deacs have been strong defensively in 2017, as they rank third in the ACC in opponents hitting percentage (.180) and second in the league in blocks per set (2.65). The Deacs lead the conference in with 37 solo blocks this season. - Caroline Rassenfoss is second in the ACC with 20 service aces.
- The Deacs have had more or an equal number of blocks than their opponents in 11 of their 14 matches this season. However, their opponents have had more blocks in three of the last four matches.
Scouting the Opponents:
- Boston College is off to a 3-9 (0-2 ACC) start to the 2017 season. The Eagles have started their ACC schedule with a pair of 3-1 losses at Pittsburgh and at Syracuse.
- Boston College ranks third in the ACC, averaging 1.36 service aces per set.
- The Orange sit at 9-6 overall and 1-1 in the ACC after defeating Boston College and falling at Pittsburgh in their first two conference matches.
- Syracuse have only allowed their opponents 1.55 blocks per set, the best mark in the ACC.
- With the Dixie Classic Fair beginning this weekend, fans attending either of the two volleyball matches are encouraged to park in the McCreary Tower Lot, located across the street from LJVM Coliseum.
Dig Pink Day:
- For Sunday's 1 p.m. match against Syracuse, the Demon Deacons will be wearing pink for their annual Dig Pink Match. Fans are encouraged to also wear pink to show support for breast cancer awareness. The first 200 fans will receive a Wake Forest wristband.
- Wake Forest takes to the road for its North Carolina swing next weekend. First, the team will take on NC State on Friday, Oct. 6 at 8 p.m. Then, on Sunday, Oct. 8, they will battle North Carolina in Chapel Hill at 1 p.m.