EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN
HADDOCK GOLF CENTER
1. No certified athletic trainer will be on site for all practices and away matches, home matches will be covered by a certified athletic trainer.
2. Team physician on-call for games and practices.
3. Additional sports medicine staff accessible from Athletic Center Athletic Training Room.
4. Other personnel may also include student athletic trainers, coaches, managers emergency medical technicians, and possibly, bystanders.
1. A fixed telephone line is located in the coach's office inside the golf complex.
2. Cellular phones may also be used by emergency personnel if available.
1. No emergency equipment is supplied on site.
2. Additional emergency equipment maintained in Athletic Center Athletic Training Room.
ROLE OF FIRST RESPONDERS
1. Immediate care for the injured or ill student athlete.
2. Emergency equipment retrieval.
3. Activate emergency medical system (EMS); Call 9-1-1
- A. Provide name, address, phone number.
- B. Number of individuals injured.
- C. Condition of the injured.
- D. Care being given to the injured.
- E. Specific directions.
- F. Other information as requested.
4. Direct EMS to the scene.
- A. Open appropriate gates.
- B. Designate individual to meet EMS and direct them to the scene.
- C. Scene control: limit scene to first-aid providers and move bystanders away from area.
The Haddock Golf Center is located at the south end of the Wake Forest University campus off of Wingate Road.
From Polo Road: Turn into north gate of university, follow Wingate Road past the Athletic Center and Police Station. The entrance the Haddock Golf Center is on the left from Hooks Baseball Stadium.
From University Parkway: Turn into the university on Wake Forest Road. Take left at stoplight onto Wingate Road. Follow Wingate Road past the Athletic Center and Police Station. The entrance to Hooks Stadium and the Haddock Golf Center is on the left.
EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBERS
Emergency Medical System 9-1-1
Baptist Hospital 713-9000
Campus Police 758-5591
Student Health Services 758-5218
WFU Sports Medicine 758-5620
Sports Medicine Home Page