EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN
INDOOR TENNIS CENTER
1. Certified athletic trainer on site for all matches and practices.
2. Team physician on site or on-call for matches and practices.
3. Additional sports medicine staff accessible from Reynolds Gymnasium Athletic Training Room (Room 106) on the Wake Forest University campus.
4. Other personnel may also include student athletic trainers, coaches, managers, emergency medical technicians, and possibly, bystanders.
1. A fixed telephone line is located in the Athletic Training Room of the Indoor Tennis Center.
2. Cellular phones may also be used by emergency personnel if available.
Supplies on the field:
1. First-aid kit.
2. Additional emergency equipment maintained in the Athletic Training Room (including splint kit, crutches and spine board).
ROLE OF FIRST RESPONDERS
1. Immediate care for the injured or ill student athlete.
2. Emergency equipment retrieval.
3. Activate emergency medical system (EMS); Call 9-1-1
- A. Provide name, address, phone number.
- B. Number of individuals injured.
- C. Condition of the injured.
- D. Care being given to the injured.
- E. Specific directions.
- F. Other information as requested.
4. Direct EMS to the scene.
- A. Open appropriate gates.
- B. Designate individual to meet EMS and direct them to the scene.
- C. Scene control: limit scene to first-aid providers and move bystanders away from area.
The Wake Forest University Indoor Tennis Center is located at the Groves Stadium Complex at 32nd and Shorefair Drive in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBERS
Emergency Medical System 9-1-1
Baptist Hospital 713-9000
Campus Police 758-5591
Student Health Services 758-5218
WFU Sports Medicine 758-5620
Sports Medicine Home Page