EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN
LAWRENCE JOEL VETERANS MEMORIAL COLISEUM
1. Certified athletic trainer on site for all games and practices.
2. Team physician on site for all games and on-call for practices.
3. Additional sports medicine staff accessible from Reynolds Gymnasium Athletic Training Room (Room 113) on Wake Forest Campus.
4. Other personnel may also include student athletic trainers, coaches, managers, emergency medical technicians, and possibly, bystanders.
1. A fixed telephone line is located next to the home team bench on press row at every home game.
2. Cellular phones may also be used by emergency personnel if available.
Supplies on the court:
1. Splint kit.
3. First-aid supplies.
4. EMS on site with equipment for all games.
5. Additional emergency equipment maintained in the LJVM Coliseum Athletic Training Room.
ROLE OF FIRST RESPONDERS
1. Immediate care for the injured or ill student athlete.
2. Emergency equipment retrieval.
3. Activate emergency medical system (EMS); Call 9-1-1
- A. Provide name, address, phone number.
- B. Number of individuals injured.
- C. Condition of the injured.
- D. Care being given to the injured.
- E. Specific directions.
- F. Other information as requested.
4. Direct EMS to the scene.
- A. Open appropriate gates.
- B. Designate individual to meet EMS and direct them to the scene.
- C. Scene control: limit scene to first-aid providers and move bystanders away from area.
The Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum is located off the Wake Forest campus at the corner of University Parkway and Deacon Boulevard at 2825 University Parkway. EMS should enter at the Press Entrance located on Deacon Boulevard.
EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBERS
Emergency Medical System 9-1-1
Baptist Hospital 713-9000
Campus Police 758-5591
Student Health Services 758-5218
WFU Sports Medicine 758-5620
Sports Medicine Home Page