General Aviation Airports Serving Winston-Salem
Winston-Salem is served primarily by the Piedmont Triad International Airport in Greensboro, NC.
About the Piedmont Triad International Airport
- Located at the center of North Carolina and midpoint on the East Coast.
- Strategically positioned at the hub of the dynamic Piedmont Triad region, situated between the cities of Greensboro, Winston-Salem and High Point where I-40, I-85 and the future I-73 and I-74 converge.
- More than 3,000-acre campus is home to 50 companies that employ more than 4,000 people with an economic impact of more than $1 billion annually.
- PTIA is owned and operated by the Piedmont Triad Airport Authority.
- No local tax dollars are used to operate the airport.
- More than 4.5 million people live within a 90 minute drive of PTIA.
Commercial airlines serving the Piedmont Triad airport:
- American Airlines
- United Airlines
Davidson County Airport, Lexington, NC
Fixed Base Operator - Fly High Lexington
Conveniently located south of Winston-Salem; just off Hwy. 52 and I-85
Excellent runway and facilities
5000 X 100 foot runway
IFR arrival and departure with GSO
ILS, LOC, VOR-DME, GPS Approaches
Overnight hangar and tie-downs available
WakeForestSports.com Travel Partners